Why has the membership fee increased?
We understand that this increase in fees has come as a surprise and perhaps even a shock. We did not take this decision lightly, but were forced to do so by the increase in operating costs.
Indeed, for the past 13 years, the position of the ACL as a Club and non-profit organisation has been to keep the annual fee unchanged despite the increase in costs and to absorb these costs while continuing to offer the same services and even to widen its range of products and services to meet the needs of the members. This fee increase represents the cost of maintaining all services and their continuous development while maintaining the same quality of services offered to members.
Why become a member if I have car insurance?
With us, assistance is personal and personalised. You are taken care of by Club staff, for whom you are a member and not a customer (no commercial objectives). We take the time to solve your problem. And if you are abroad, it's the same, because we work with partner clubs that have the same philosophy.
Some insurance companies offer assistance services, but they have disadvantages that you avoid with ACL:
- assistance can be an option, with a distance restriction
- towing is subcontracted and favoured over on-site recovery
- in case of towing, you are not free to choose the garage of your choice
I have been a member for years and yet I pay the same as a new member. Why should I do this?
The membership fee is the same for all because the aim is to share the cost of assistance fairly. Our Club operates in a spirit of solidarity and the membership fees allow us to provide the services to which each member is entitled.
We are 5 ACL members in the household, the budget is becoming too big for us.
Even in Luxembourg, a breakdown with towing will cost more than 5 adult memberships.
However, in a household, in addition to the main adult rate, there is necessarily 1 partner/spouse special rate and youth special rates, which are cheaper than the main adult rate.
Example: 1 adult + 1 partner/spouse + 2 young people under 18 + 1 young person under 26 => 409 €, i.e. a little more than 1 € per day for the whole family for coverage throughout Europe!
And this amount decreases further if the young members of the household benefit from our YoungACL and/or New Driver price.
Why is ACL support more comprehensive than a traditional breakdown service?
ACL provides you with full support because :
- Our call centre based in Luxembourg answers you 24/7 in all the usual languages of the country and is made up of a team of trained technicians, who can, in certain cases, solve the breakdown by telephone
- No distance limit: even in your own garage, we help you out
- Towing is the last solution considered: in 88% of cases, you are helped on the spot and you can get back on the road
- If the repair is not possible on the spot, we tow your vehicle to the garage of your choice, not the nearest one
- In the event of immobilisation abroad, we take care of everything and organise your recovery or your return home instead of simply reimbursing the costs.
I maintain my car and have never had a breakdown. How can ACL help me?
In addition to the fact that you are never safe from the unexpected, ACL provides all its members with a number of services for everyday life:
- You are assisted by ACL Bike assistance, included in the services of your membership card.
- You benefit from a car rental service at preferential rates with ACL Clubmobil.
- Breakdown at home? Thanks to ACL Home Assistance, you are put in touch with trusted craftsmen, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can have a vehicle tested with ACL Diagnostic Center to ensure a sale or purchase.
- In the event of a dispute relating to your vehicle, the assistance included in your membership card includes the free choice of a lawyer or an expert and the possibility of commissioning a second opinion from an expert of your choice.
- A tourism service helps you to prepare your itinerary when travelling.
- you can obtain your international licence at a preferential rate
- With our network of partners, you benefit from discounts and reductions (sports articles, hotels, car maintenance articles, theme parks, etc.) and access to travel at rates specially negotiated for our members.
Why become a member if I have a leased vehicle?
The fundamental difference lies in the type of cover: with a leasing contract it is the vehicle that is covered, whereas with ACL the member is covered, regardless of the vehicle.
On the other hand, with a manufacturer's assistance, there are often exclusions: some on tyres, others on human error or vandalism. Did you fill your car with the wrong fuel? If you have not opted for an additional 'breakdown option', you may find yourself alone to deal with this problem...
If I use several vehicles, how does the assistance work?
With ACL, you are covered as a member, regardless of your means of transport (walking, driving, cycling, motorcycling or even camping), rather than being limited to one vehicle, which would be the sole object of the assistance cover. You are therefore covered in all circumstances, with a single membership.
How does the non-profit status make ACL different from other providers?
ACL acts in the best interests of its members. As a non-profit organisation, we are not bound to profit-making objectives, unlike a commercial enterprise, but can offer our services independently and without profit. Our interest is identical to yours, unlike a private company that acts within the framework of an obligation to achieve financial results, and this is why we can offer you all our expertise in the most neutral way possible.
Looking for more answers? Chat with us and ask your question, our team will answer you as soon as possible!